1. At the start of the music, shape a chicken beak with your hands. Open and close it four times, during the first four beats of the music.
2. Make chicken wings with your arms. Flap your wings four times, during the next four beats of the music.
3. Make a chicken's tail feathers with your arms and hands. Wiggle downwards during the next four beats of the music.
4. Clap four times during the next four beats of the music.
5. Repeat this process four times.
6a. At the bridge, hold your arms straight, in imitation of an aeroplane. All dancers spun around the room in "flight" until the bridge ends.
6b. Alternately, at the bridge, link arms with the nearest person, turn right eight steps, switch arms and turn left eight steps, then repeat until the bridge ends.
7. The dance repeats, progressively getting faster and faster, until the music stops. See also Weddings.